About
every day the UPS man stops at our house, (Focus people the story is not about
my online spending habits it just works out nicely that Amazon sells everything!)
and every time Kylie runs to the door and greets the UPS man. You know
how it is; you can hear that truck coming down the street. You know
exactly what I am talking about? Well maybe UPS doesn't frequent your
block like mine but I think you get the hint.
On Monday
the truck stopped for a neighbor and Kylie was outside riding her bike. She
stopped what she was doing and went to say hello. Immediately she
recognized that this wasn't our usual UPS man. I would say we have had
the same delivery man for the last 2 or 3 years and he always takes the time to
say hello to Kylie and ask her how she is doing.
On Tuesday
we were once again outside and once again the truck drove down the street and
low and behold our normal UPS man came out. Kylie said, "What
happened to you yesterday, we didn't see you?" The UPS man (I wish I
knew his name) immediately lit up and said, "You noticed I wasn't
here?" To which she replied, "I see you everyday what
happened?" I kindly tried to say well he can have a vacation day or
maybe he wasn't feeling well. It's not our business why he wasn't here for one
day. He looked at Kylie and I and said, "I lost my father a couple
of weeks ago and it has been really hard on me." I am an emotional
person and I almost teared up in the driveway and had a loss of words. Kylie
didn't skip a beat and said, "Keep smiling, I look forward to seeing you every
day!" He literally got the largest smile on his face and said,
"Thank You Kylie that means a lot to me."
Today as
we heard the truck coming around the curve Kylie ran out. She said I hope
he's back again Mom. While he didn't stop at the house (I am sure Brian
is thrilled!), Kylie still went out to say hello and ensure she smiled and
spread some cheer. She said, "Are you having a good day?"
He replied, "Yes" To which she responded, "Hurry home and
eat your dinner!! What are you having??"
You know I
don't know how someone so young understands how important it is to stop and
smell the roses and to go the extra mile. I am so proud of her and her
drive to make everyone happy and smile. It really does make a difference
in life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment