Monday, March 9, 2015

Check - Pre-op Visits Complete

What a day!  Okay I will be a little less dramatic, no one was hurt or injured in our day.  However, after being in the car since 9:30am and just getting back at 4:30 I need a stiff drink or to curl up and bed and cry.

Don’t get me wrong what is about to happen for Kylie is an amazing thing.  She will now have the ability to hear from both ears instead of just one.  This is good.  What is not good is the amount of paperwork you have to sign for a surgery on your child.  Do you remember signing for your first mortgage and the ache in your hand you got?  Imagine that when you sign for surgery except they say things like X could happen and that is a small chance, this could happen, that could happen and having to initial in each area.  The realization of what you just signed for your child could send anyone to the looney house.  I for one am almost there as I held back the tears throughout the appointment.  (Yes I know I am always close to the looney bin so today was no different)

 She's ready!  PEACE!! 


Making Silly Faces


After reviewing all of that with the surgeon, who we LOVE, he spent one on one time with Kylie and asked her if she had any questions.  She asked him a few things and then they decided to take a picture together.  He told her he would see her on Friday and of course she said, “You got it!”

Kylie and Dr. Telischi - She wants to bring her Superwoman Cape to the hospital.  Superheros aren't scared! 


After leaving the surgeons office we headed over to the hospital to do all the pre-work there as well as meet with the anesthesiologist.  Of course the first thing they do at the hospital is what?  Check your IDs, insurance and take your money.  Kylie was fascinated about the cashier at the hospital and asked her how much money she had.  She had her blood pressure checked for the second time in the day.  HELLO is anyone checking Brian and or mine blood pressure, can you get me a gurney I need to lay down?  Kylie, Kylie Kylie does anyone even know our names or are we just there for our numerous signatures and insurance cards?  Kylie even was offered drinks and snacks, while I got writer’s cramp and Brian assisted. 

We have lost our minds!


After getting a complete review by ARNP, Kylie was approved to meet with the anesthesiologist.  Kylie came with some requests.  No needles, well at least until she falls asleep and no shots.  So, the anesthesiologist, made a deal with her, she ordered her pink like cotton candy medicine that doesn’t taste that great and helps lessen your anxiety (AGAIN, hello Dr. do you see me over here breathing in a bag?  I don’t care what it tastes like I am pretty sure I need it STAT!).  Okay so back to Kylie, if she takes this medicine orally the day of surgery the anesthesiologist will give Kylie three stickers.  Kylie said “no, I need four if I take it.”  What a little negotiator she is! Will see what happens on the big day. 

We were cleared and are now ready for the big day!  Homeward bound, did I mention I packed a bag of EVERYTHING Kylie could need and more complete with snacks, games etc.  Ask me how much food I packed for Brian and I?  It’s 3pm and we are now ready to eat crumbs of anything we can find so we are driving home to eat a good meal and not stop to eat something like fast food.  15 miles from home Kylie starts crying and telling me her head hurts and she needs water.  Yep out of that but we are almost home.  I make that awkward maneuver we all have made where while your husband is driving at 75 miles per hour (okay it is Brian driving maybe 65 mph) you move from the front seat to the back seat.   Just in time to catch her ….yes throw up.  She got car sick on the way home and I saved the car. Maybe we were all a little nervous.  After she was done (I didn’t go into details as that would be TMI) she says, “Mom I feel great now.”  Um, Brian can you speed it up now?? 


It was a great day and we are so ready for the next steps to happen on Friday.  For now I just need to exhale and relax.  It’s me Tricia, Relax and Exhale – How do you do that??  

0 comments:

 

Living La Vida Lum Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template