Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Big Accomplishment



Kylie receives therapy at school from Ms. Ivy, her Deaf and Hard of Hearing teacher three days a week.  On Tuesdays, Ms. Ivy picks up Kylie from the cafeteria right when the bell rings for school to start.  Kylie greeted Ivy with excitement as she normally does on Tuesdays. Today she told Ivy, "Wait Ivy, I no hear.  I can fix it!"  Kylie's hearing aid battery ran out just then and the fact that one Kylie could identify it wasn't working is an accomplishment but one that she has been doing for several months.  The big accomplished was that Kylie took off the hearing aid aka Princess Ear and got out her spare batteries from her back pack and fixed it herself.  Fix it Kylie to the rescue.  I know that changing a battery doesn't seem like a big accomplishment however this is something that was important that Kylie is able to recognize and fix herself.


0 comments:

 

Living La Vida Lum Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template