Thursday, September 25, 2008

We are so happy to introduce you to the latest Lumster

She has arrived and we couldn't be happier. Kylie Lau Lum(now the official name is out and no Ping, Pang, Lucy, Jeffrina or Queso etc) was born today, September 25th at 2:39 pm. She weighs 5lbs 8 ounces and is 18 1/2 inches long.




Tricia started having contractions at 12:30 last night. Nothing to be too concerned with however as the night progressed so did her contractions. We finally called the doctor at 3am. The doctor told us to come straight to the hospital. When we arrived Tricia was already 3cm dilated and they admitted us right away. By 8:30am she was 5 cm dilated and still waiting for the nice man with the epidural to stop by our room. He was right at the door earlier but got called to a last minute emergency room. Tricia was doing very well with the contractions but just didn't seem to be too happy or content. By the time they put the epidural in she was working away on her blackberry!


Labor progressed fast and by 10:30am Tricia was 8cm dilated and by 11:30 9cm dilated. We had to wait for the doctor to show up and when she did just under a hour later our beautiful baby girl was born.

All I remember hearing was "push push push" and I felt like they were having Trish row a canoe up a rapid river. But sure enough Kylie finally emerged with a small cry and a happy smile. She kept sticking her tongue out at me. Not sure if this means that I am trouble later when she grows up or not but it was very very cute.
Here is Kylie's first picture with Dad

All three of us are doing well tonight and getting our rest. We promise to take more pictures tomorrow so you can see more Kylie but for tonight we thought we would post a few. Here is a picture of me feeding Kylie her first meal :) She decided to forgo the chopsticks tonight.


Here is a picture of Tricia and Kylie.. Notice how happy she is (Kylie that is!)




Stay tuned for the lastest updates of Living La Vida Lum we will do our best to update this site daily (thanks Kelly for thinking up the great blog name!)

8 comments:

Shawn said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations to the happy parents! We can't wait to meet Kylie and I am looking forward to teaching her all about black Friday shopping. (I hope that in 2 months she will be ready to wait in the Coach line). We love you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful!

Jessica said...

I'm so happy for you guys! She's beautiful! I can't wait to meet her!!!

Anonymous said...

To be clear, did Tricia drop her Blackberry at any point during the delivery? Didn't think so!! Congratulations you guys. She is absolutely beautiful. Best of luck.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Kylie to anniversary dinners at Taco Bell, Madden watching on the boob tube, hot showers in the morning and cold at night and Identification cards coming out of your mothers ass. Congratz Kylie, couldn't have had two better parents.

Robert said...

Congratulations to both of you. Kylie is beautiful! Where is the FSU blanket????

A writing mom said...

Welcome to the world, Kylie!!! You are so beautiful!!! We're looking forward to hearing all about your many adventures in this amazing thing called life. Trish and Brian -- congratulations on your little miracle. She is gorgeous and so incredibly sweet! We can't wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing all those pictures. At first I couldn't figure it out but now I am addicted. Can't wait for new picures. I look forward to meeting Kylie!!!!

 

Living La Vida Lum Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template