Wednesday, April 8, 2015
The Universal Language
I couldn't sleep well last night. I am not sure if it was because I had gone to see Theresa Caputo last night or the anxiety of Kylie's Cochlear Implant activation today. I am sure a combination of the two and then some.
When my alarm went off to go to the gym this morning at 4:40am, I got up in intentions of going but found myself making my way upstairs to Kylie's room. All I wanted to do was check on her. I quickly climbed in bed with her and laid next to her. She was still sleeping but wrapped her arms around me and we cuddled and slept. I am not sure slept is the right word, Kylie is like a portable heater when she gets next to you!
When the alarm went off in Kylie's room this morning she opened her eyes and was surprised to see me in her bed even though she had been plastered to me for the last hour plus.
The point, deaf or not deaf cuddles and hugs are a universal language. I am sure all parents would agree it is something you treasure and you don't want to let go. Life gets SO busy sometimes and being able to stop for a minute and cuddle meant the world!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment