Monday, February 21, 2011

Goal Accomplished

In October, Brian's birthday to be exact I decided I needed a personal goal. As many of you know I am a person that is very competitive and a goal setter. I announced at Brian's birthday dinner, "I am going to run a half marathon!" Well the story starts back a little bit as I was talking to my friend, Heather who said you could totally do a half, we talked all about it and I was convinced I could. Now back to the story, when I made my announcement everyone kind of looked at me like oh okay! Everyone was very supportive yet somewhat skeptical .

I started training right away and stuck to my running on Tuesday, Thursday and long runs on the weekend. It was very important to me to show myself and Kylie that hard work and goals pay off!

I finished my first half-marathon and already know I can easily cut 10-15 minutes off my time the next one I run. Yes, I said next one. This isn't the end of my running for sure!

Thank You to all my friends and family for your constant support. I couldn't have done this without you! This taught me a very important lesson, never say you CANT do something.. You always CAN!

A HUGE Thank You to Heather for pushing me into this goal. Can't wait to run a half together. Thank You also to Jamie for running the A1A with me and congrats on beating your own personal record! Also, to my parents who were there at the finish line. (The next one I run won't be during Volleyball Season and happy to have Brian there!)

The Start of the Race (Posted on Sun-Sentinel.Com) there I am in Orange

All done

Kylie and MamaThe Medal - I won't take it off... Heather told me how amazing getting your first medal was but I didn't belive her. WOW, you would have thought I won a Grammy!


Next Goal, Potty Training.. I think I can I think I can.. Kylie knows she can??

She took in People Magazine to catch up on the latest gossip


Mama - Privacy Please...



1 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome job Trish! Love, love, love the medal! Can't wait until the fall!

 

Living La Vida Lum Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template